Symfony advocates from around the globe gathered at Glaziers Hall in London Bridge for the second Symfony Live London Conference, and what a fulfilling two days it was! There were so many people that made the conference what it was: speakers, attendees and staff, and it was fantastic to see so many familiar faces from the community in attendance, plus a whole load of newcomers too. I managed to chat to a lot of you, but if I missed you, I’ll see you at our next meetup, date to be announced soon...
Our snapper, Kacper captured the best of the conference on camera, see you if you can spot yourself in our Flickr album.
We were lucky enough to grab some time with Fabien Potencier, co-founder and CEO of SensioLabs and founder of Symfony. He gave us his thoughts on the new expression language component of Symfony 2.4, telling us how it can simplify the lives of developers. Check out our video below.
Thank you to all of you who took the time to tweet your thoughts over the two days, it was great to feel the buzz of the conference across the Twittersphere. We aim to make next year an even greater success, and to do that we need to hear your thoughts. So let us know using our feedback form and to share your feedback on the talks, visit our joind.in page.
Finally I’d like to thank all the speakers and sponsors who contributed to a truly memorable conference!
Your thoughts on Symfony Live so far…
- Good Symfony workshop by @jakub_zalas today. Certainly like what I saw in the framework today @simonrjones
- Excellent points on why you would isolate your application from the framework you use @skoop
- A very influential talk by @rowan_m - thank you sir @karolsojko
- Great day at #symfony_live, good talks and lots of interesting people. Also starting to like the idea of annotations more and more #PHP @simonrjones
- @SensioLabsUK raised the bar with quality and architecture talks at #symfony_live London, had a great time, great food too! @davedevelopment